Thursday, September 2, 2010

It feels like Autumn suddenly...

There was a decided nip in the air yesterday that wasn't there last week.. so I thought I'd better get out into the garden and take some photos, whilst there's still something to snap...


As you can see camera practice is going well.. this was my first effort.. :o)



But after some fiddling and a bit of trial and error, I think I'm getting the hang of it...



And then some more that came out nicely... gracious hydrangeas are gorgeous...




This little fellow is the first bloom on a plant that last year was barely a brown twig. We were convinced it was dead.. but NO !! they are just so damn resilient...
Once its finished I'm going to move it so it will get more sun.. then we'll see.



My sister bought me this clematis about 4 years ago.. it climbs up the front of the house and the blooms have lasted ALL summer.. just beautiful.



This was a $5 hanging basket from the local supermarket, which I bought in the spring. I was sure it was a dud, but then last week out of the blue voila...
They were gorgeous too.. we had them for tea yesterday...


I was lucky.. because about 25 minutes after I took all these photos.. down came the rain.
That's the first real rain we've had in about 2 months.. the garden was thrilled.

Bill's off for 4 days now so we'll get those baby trees moved I hope..  Baby trees ?? I hear you say.. I'll tell you all once its done.
TTFN.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know I'm not talking to myself..